20 Things From The First Two Decades Of My Life
- Nothing is over till God says so
- I came to this world alone so I cannot help someone fulfil their purpose before first fulfilling mine
- You need others to help you carry your burdens but you have to carry theirs too
- My story is unique no matter how similar it is
- You can reinvent yourself as often as you want and are willing to
- You can enjoy your career path
- Love is worth fighting for
- It’s only when you step out of your comfort zone that you can discover your real self
- It’s okay to ask for help
- It’s okay to cry; it’s okay to cry physical tears not just silent tears because your tears are words and seeds planted
- Because it happened to them that way, doesn’t mean it will happen to you too
- God will fight for you, you need only be silent
- Something is always missing, enjoy what isn’t
- The more you want the more you don’t have
- Seasons of isolation are crucial
- You’re not the only one going through immense pain but you’re the only one who gets to define your pain
- It’s important to find your own personal taste in music, not just what is mainstream
- We all have a bit of crazy in us
- 20 Friends cannot play together for 20 years
- The promise still stands
Turning 20 has been the biggest deal to me for the longest time. I'm never really excited for birthdays because I don't come from a family that tends to celebrate things but, this year I decided that there is much worth celebrating. About two weeks ago, I wasn't quite as excited as I am today because the Devil had crippled me in fear and anxiety about my life and God's promises for my life but I kept on pushing and I'm slowly coming out on the other side. The last two decades have been enlightening, I have learnt much more than that list can express. I hope some of those words resonated with you or at least, got you thinking.
So much happens in your 20's and people often dread it but I will not let that be my story and neither should you. The word for this year has been, There Is More and without a shadow of a doubt, I believe as I step into 20, no matter what the day to day might seem, Almighty God has so much more in store for me.
Happy 20th Birthday to me.